ports database problems

Erick Smith desertfox at cableaz.com
Mon Aug 25 18:23:25 PDT 2003

I have a problem building ports on 2 of my machines.

This problem is new, and occured on each machine (at different times)
following a problem with the ports database.  Maybe I screwed up the
database?

Anyway, here's what I get:

===>  Installing for gettext-0.12.1
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if devel/gettext already installed
*** Error code 1

This happens on any port build on both machines.  On one machine I've been
able to force installs using:

portinstall -f <insert port path here>

This seems to only work on only one machine though.

I'd really like to be able to cure this problem on both machines.  Any clues?

(Running FreeBSD-5.0 CURRENT on both machines)

Thanks,

Erick Smith