Evolution Message Summary View

William Bloom wbloom at eldocomp.com
Sun Aug 24 15:33:45 PDT 2003

I've just installed the Evolution 1.4.4 port and I'm generally pleased,
with reservations.  I've encountered the inbox permission problem
reported in other posts to freebsd-questions, but also I've noticed that
there seems to be a date/time formatting problem in the message summary
view that's not been mentioned in earlier posts.  For that matter, I've
seen nothing referencing this problem in the issue list at
http://developer.ximian.org/projects/evolution.  The symptom is that a
message's date/time is shown as expected when the view is first
displayed after Evolution startup.  But if -any- other view is displayed
(i.e. Summary), then on return to the message summary the date/times all
are evidently displayed with a UTC time offset (0) instead of the
correct one.  Once this occurs, the date/time never returns to the
current offset until Evolution is stopped and restarted.  Has anyone
else seen this as well, or know a workaround?

Bill

--
William Bloom <wbloom at eldocomp.com> (602) 604-3100
Eldorado Computing, Inc.  5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.