mod_perl configuration questions

Joey Teel joeyteel at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 14:33:08 PDT 2003

> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>
> > When you try to add mod_perl, the result is your perl code
> runs faster,
> > but apache no longer serves static HTML...?  If so, that is
> remarkably
> > odd.  What does the Apache access and error log look like
> when you try
> > to access a .gif or some such that worked before you added mod_perl?
> >

> This is what I get when I uncomment the following lines:
>
> [Sun Aug 24 09:44:13 2003] [error] access to
> /usr/www/movabletype/index.html failed for 192.168.2.10, reason:
> file permissions deny server execution
>
> #PerlModule Apache::Registry
> #<Location /movabletype/>
> #SetHandler perl-script
> #PerlHandler Apache::Registry
> #Options +ExecCGI
> #PerlSendHeader On
> #allow from all
> #</Location>
>
> --

Hi, I had this same problem when I did something similar with my
install.  When using mod_perl in this fashion, it changes the behavior
of the directory and it's subdirectories to behave the same way a
ScriptAliased directory would behave, basically, you can't serve static
content from that location.

Move all the static content (html, css, images, etc.) to a different
directory (to use the example from the MT manual, use mt-static) and
modify your mt.cfg file to add/change the StaticWebPath option to point
to the location of the static files.

>From what I remember (this was about 4 or 5 months ago) that was all I
had to do to get it working properly.

Joey