Something rotten in the OS?

MikeM zlists at mgm51.com
Fri Aug 22 11:41:48 PDT 2003

On 8/22/03 at 10:13 AM Steve Warwick wrote:

|This is exactly the problem that occurred 6 months ago. That time I put it
|down to lousy overheated hosting but now I don't have that excuse.
|
|Has anyone seen this before?
|
|Does FreeBSD have to be re-booted every month for safety?
|
|Should I give up and use Linux?

I can say based upon my experience that FreeBSD does not need to be
rebooted each month.

I'll also suggest that you need to provide some more specifics (OS version,
hardware, etc.) before you can get the assistance you expect.

Whether you should give up and use Linux is a question only you can answer.