strange reboots

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu Aug 21 22:47:21 PDT 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 10:36 pm, zhuravlev alexander wrote:
> 	[ please CC me, because I am not a list subscriber ]
>
> 	Hi!
>
> 	We encounter with strange casual reboots of our server.
> 	Does anyone know any tactics of investigation why
> 	this happens.
>
> 	[ns:/u/zaa]>uname -rs
> 	FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
>
>                                      -- zhuravlev alexander
>                                            u l s t u  n o c
>                                              (zaa at ulstu.ru)

For starters, make sure you have all of the security holes fixed. There
is a list of advisories on the bottom right side of
http://www.freebsd.org/

If you are up todate, then it is a function of noticing what is going on
when it reboots. You usually have a clue but seeing it can be a
problem.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart