Help setup home network when gateways, ip asigned by DHCP

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Thu Aug 21 19:38:41 PDT 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 08:17 pm, Rod Person wrote:

> My problem is that my gateway get its external ip address via DHCP.
> I can't figure out how to setup ipfw rules to use DHCP addresses.

Use either the "me" pseudo-address or trigger on the interface. A few
rules copied out of my current ipfw configuration:

00600 allow tcp from me to any setup
01400 allow udp from me to any dst-port 53 keep-state
01500 allow udp from me to any dst-port 123 keep-state
01600 allow udp from 69.1.30.0/24 67 to me dst-port 68
01700 allow udp from me 68 to 69.1.30.0/24 dst-port 67

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net