make installworld problem with stable upgrade.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 10:46:36 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 05:08:52PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 04:55:39PM +0200, Shobaki sam. wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Since yesterday (French time), i try to update a fresh install of 4.8
> > release to stable, and cvsuped sources many many times. Here is the error i
> > got while make installworld:
> >
> > ln: /usr/share/locale/am_ET.UTF8/LC_COLLATE: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Is something going wrong ? did i caught the middle of a comit ? thanks for
> > help.
>
> That's pretty much exactly correct.  The fix went into
> /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist about an hour ago, so try cvsup'ing
> again now.  (You need version 1.188.2.43 of that file if you're
> tracking 4-STABLE).
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist?only_with_tag=RELENG_4

Actually, I take that all back.  The fix in BSD.usr.dist introduces a
new directory:

    /usr/share/locale/am_ET.UTF8

Unfortunately the rest of the make installworld process is expecting:

    /usr/share/locale/am_ET.UTF-8

Now you need version 1.188.2.44 which has the correct fix in it, as of
7 minutes ago.  Unfortunately that's too recent for it to have
propagated to the cvsup server I usually use.

Oh well, it's not like I have that much use for the amaharic locale...

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way