Crucial Radeon 9800pro and XFree86

Wayne Pascoe freebsd-questions at penguinpowered.org
Wed Aug 20 14:01:39 PDT 2003

Hi all...

I've recently acquired a radeon 9800pro and am now trying to get it
working on XFree86 with no luck.

I'm using XFree86-4.3.0 on FreeBSD 4.8

I've added the following to my config file:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
	Driver "radeon"
	BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

When I run startx I get the following error:
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
found

If I change the busid in the config to PCI:1:0:1 I then get an error
complaining that no Device section for PCI:1:0:0 is found

The card does have dual output but I'm only trying to use the main VGA
connector. Am I even using the right device for the 9800pro ?

Any advice on this matter would be greatly aprreciated.

Regards,

--
Wayne Pascoe
You cannot apply a technological solution to