Please answer back

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Tue Aug 19 13:40:26 PDT 2003

> Could you install FreeBSD on an existing version of Windows 2000
> Professional and still have the option of choosing which OS to run on
> your computer?

Yes.  It is documented in the handbook and discussed extensively
in the Email lists which you can find b searching  the archives.

You will need something to help you squeeze the Win 2K slice so
you can fit the FreeBSD slice in on the disk.   I have been
successful using Partition Magic which is readily available in
most stores that sell computer appliances such as Best Buy or Circuit City.

Read Read Read before you start.   It is a fairly straightforward
process if you do it right from the start and really difficult to
fix if you skrew it up.

////jerry