ldap+regular sendmail

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Tue Aug 19 09:27:00 PDT 2003

Hi !

I've been looking for a week on finding a good centralized authentication
system that could work with most of services authentication (for ftp, http,
mail, shell access...).
After some reading and trying, I came to the conclusion that openldap was what
I was looking for.
Now, I know I have to use it on FreeBSD-5.1 if I want nss and pam ldap support.
For now, this is not a problem. The only thing I'm concerned about is sendmail.
Will the sendmail bundled with FreeBSD be able to work with ldap, I mean will
it accept messages to user at mydomain.com, "user" would be a ldap user and will
NOT have an account on the system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.