Fatal trap12 ??????????????

Sir Keneth de Ilmiora un_profeta_negro at yahoo.es
Mon Aug 18 01:50:07 PDT 2003

Hello, I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.8 on my computer and everything goes fine until I try to boot for first time and the next message comes up just after loading the kernel:

Fatal trap12: page ffault while in kernel mode
fault virtual adress  = 0xfffffff
fault code  = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer  = 0x8:0xfffffff
stack pointer   = 0x10:0xc053ffd8
frame pointer   = 0x10:0xc053fff8
code segment   = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
   = DPLO, pres1, def32 1, gran1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process  = Idle
interrupt mask  = net tty biocam
trap number  = 12
panic: page fault