how to use 4 buttons mouse?

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 16 21:50:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:44, Denis wrote:
> Hi all!!!
>
> Does anybody know how i can use in freebsd mouse with 4 buttons?
> Maybe i must do some changes in configuration files or ...??? I don't
> know.......

What sort of mouse?
Console or X?

Assuming you have a ps/2 mouse then make sure you are running 'moused'.
Adding:
  moused_enable="YES"
  moused_port="/dev/psm0"
  moused_type="auto"
to /etc/rc.conf should accomplish this on start up.

Now, to have X recognise the 4th button you'll need:
    Option "Protocol"    "auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "Buttons"     "4"
in the options section of XF86Config.

You may need to add actions to X application resource files
to get any effect from the 4th button.

If it is not a ps/2 mouse take a look at: man moused
and the README.mouse file in the X documentation.

Malcolm