ppp question

Plunkett, Ian Gregory (UMC-Student) igp473 at mizzou.edu
Tue Aug 12 10:52:13 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am having a heck of a time getting ppp to work correctly.  I can connect to my isp using ppp manually (going into TERM mode, etc.).  But once I am connected this way I can't return to packet mode and I can't access the internet outside of that terminal window.

I have also tried using kppp.  When I use this, I can access locations if I know the IP address but not if I type in the web address.  I included the correct dns when I configured the connection, still I get nothing if I type in the web address.

thanks for the help,
ian