No subject

Cavallini David david1172 at tin.it
Sun Aug 10 21:17:24 PDT 2003

Recently I've installed the version 5.1 of the FreeBSD.
I added a new user with login 'davcav' in the 'wheel' group and also I
added this user in the 'operator' group.
In the new user login the commands 'shutdown -p  now' and 'su' works but
when I try to mount the floppy disk
with the command 'mount_msdosfs /dev/fd0 /floppy' return the following message

mount_msdosfs: /dev/fd0: Operation not permitted

Somebody in the web suggest to use the 'su' command for mounting the device
and read the data in the '/floppy' directory. Similar instruction are used
for unmounting the device. Does exist a way for mounting directly the data
from floppy (or CD) from a non-root user (in my case 'davcav' user) ?

/Cavallini David