CUPS w/ gimp-print prints garbage on Epson Stylus C82

Matthew Graybosch matthew at starbreaker.net
Sun Aug 10 21:15:12 PDT 2003

I installed cups and gimp-print from /usr/ports/print, followed the
instructions at freebsddiary.org/cups.php, removed the lp* binaries from
/usr/bin, and modified /etc/make.conf to include a NO_LPR=yes line.

Using the web admin tool, I configured my Stylus C82 to use one of the
many gimp-print drivers for my model, and tried to print a test page.
All I get is garbage. I tried reading the CUPS manual, but I couldn't
find anything relevant to my problem. Is there something I might have
missed?

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net