Reports are running too early??

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 9 00:37:22 PDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:56, Dragoncrest wrote:
> Not sure what to do about this, but for some strange reason all of my
> reports are running 4 hours ahead of schedule.  Cron has everything
> scheduled at the proper 3am, 4am, and 5am like it should, but they're
> actually generating at 11pm, midnight, and 1am instead.  Anyone have any
> idea why this might be happening?

I notice 4 hours corresponds to your offset from UTC.

I have seen similar sorts of problems on other systems such as HP-UX and
Ultrix which normally use TZ environment variable to set the local time zone.
It seem that it is difficult to make the entire system see the variable.

However I've not seen the problem on FreeBSD where use of TZ is not the norm
although I believe it is available as an alternative method of setting time
zone.

I think if you set the time zone during the normal installation procedure with
FreeBSD you will have this set through a file /etc/localtime.

I think tzsetup allows setting this via a menu on an established system --
then get rid of TZ if you have it.

Malcolm Kay