D-Link PCMCIA trouble

Jalle defacto at home.se
Thu Aug 7 15:51:05 PDT 2003

Hi gals n' guys!

Can anyone help me with my D-Link PCMCIA NIC? It's a D-Link DFE-690TXD
(sadly with a RealTek 8139 chipset, when I found out it was already too
late :).
I've tried it with my 4.8-STABLE, but I guess that was just a waste of
time, since it's a 32-bit card, or am I mistaken?
So, I tried it with my 5.1-RELEASE install, and at least it's listed at
boottime, but there's no connection. All it says is this dreadful "watchdog
timeout" over and over! No data seem to ever reach the cable...

Is there a fix for this? If not, is it planned?
I know using the RealTek card is just as efficient as putting winegums in
the PCMCIA slot, but the computer is not really a speed deamon itself (a
Presario 1234, 266MHz/96MB/3GB), and I can't afford better. Please write if
you know of some fix or patch or driver that works! Thanks a million!

/Jalle