Rommel B. Ikeda
r_ikeda at oisca.org
Mon Aug 4 00:50:30 PDT 2003
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:14:11 +0800
"Nasharuddin Zainal" <nzainal at hotmail.com> wrote:
> pls give me info how to configure my pc for connecting to internet. i've my own ip, gateway and dns address. pls reply as soon as possible...
You have your IP, Gateway & DNS Address...LET ME ASSUME THAT WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET USING YOUR LAN...IF NOT...I AM SORRY BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR OTHERS WHO ARE NOT NEWBIE'S LIKE ME...IF SO you can read below and follow what I did...please take NOTE that...
I am a newbie to FreeBSD and I am only assuming that you have the above conditions and I am only sharing what I did to my System...I saw your Email...and I thought I would give it try in helping others because I have also been helped a lot by other many people here in this Community...
Please remember that I am a newbie and I have installed the FreeBSD 5.1R...if you installed the FreeBSD 4.X stable then I do not know if my suggestions below will work...
First try this one:
1) su to be root
2) /usr/sbin/sysinstall (Sysintall Main Menu will come up)
3) the choose Configure Do post-install configuration of FreeBSD
4) then choose Networking Configure additional network services
5) then choose Interfaces Configure additional network interfaces
6) Your LAN Device should show-up and you then can configure your PC to connect to the Internet through your LAN...
I hope this will work...if not please wait for the response of the experts...
More information about the freebsd-questions