What is OUT OF THE BOX

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Fri Aug 1 23:25:38 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:42:46PM -0700, Paul Beard wrote:

> On Friday, August 01, 2003, at 08:03AM, Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 03:24, W. D. wrote:
> >> You will then
> >> have had an "out of the box" experience, or "OBE".
> >
> >Why must we insist on confusing non-English patrons?
> >
> >OBE means 'out of body experience', and is completely different from the
> >current topic.
>
> No, it means Order of the British Empire, as English-speaking patrons are doubtless aware.

Actually, it means Officer of the Order of the British Empire. KBE is
Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. OB is a vehicle
registration symbol for Birmingham (Great Britain), and KB is Koninkrijk
Belgie. So Bill Gates claim that no one needs more than 64 KB of memory
is true. Personally, there isn't room in my brain for more than one
Belgian of memory, as English-speaking patrons (ESP) are doubtless aware.

What was it the OP (Old Persian) wanted to know?