Bug Report

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Wed Apr 30 12:48:19 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 06:01:49PM -0700, Jim Mock wrote:
> On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 10:54  AM, Hugo Rodrigues wrote:
> >The Uk mirror of www.freebsd.org have a bug, that allow all the people
> >see the source code of CGI?s of the page.
>
> You'll want to send this to www at FreeBSD.org, as well as submit a PR
> using the send-pr(1) command.

Actually, don't bother.
I've submitted this to them before, and it doesn't actually matter because:

1) All the action attributes of the forms on the mirrors point at
   www.FreeBSD.org, so freefall.FreeBSD.org and www.FreeBSD.org are the
   only machines that the CGI scripts need to work on;

2) It doesn't matter if people get to see the source code of the perl
   CGIs, as they're all in CVS anyway.

Yes it looks bad, but it's easier for our mirror sites if they don't have
to worry about doing anything special in their webserver configuration to
support the site.

Thanks anyway,

Ceri