Upgrading Ports

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Tue Apr 29 10:01:43 PDT 2003

> Apache is not part of the OS.  If you want want to update apache you
> need to uninstall apache and install the new one.  You can use the ports
> collection for this.  Read this article about portupgrade:
> http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/1385.  Ports get upgraded separately.

Just be warned - some previous portupgrades on Apache have removed,
without comment, /usr/local/www/data, which is where I had installed
all of my web site. Not sure if the current one still does, but it
is a very bad thing to happen.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.
Very often, that individual is crazy.  Dave Barry