port forwarding with ipfw

Vulpes Velox kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com
Mon Apr 28 12:34:15 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:37:51 +0100
John Murphy <jfm at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com> wrote:
>
> >How do I do port forwarding with ipfw? I've not had much luck
> >translating the man to a actual arguement.
>
> There's a section in the handbook which may make it clearer.
> Section 19.12.4 at:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/natd.html

I am perfectly aware of the how to do it with natd. That is how I've been doing. I am trying to figure out if it can be done thought using ipfw, becuase I don't like having to stop and restart natd every time I make a change, becuase that can get annoying when I have transfers going that I don't want interrupted.