FreeBSD with windows XP on a toshiba Laptop

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Mon Apr 28 02:02:00 PDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 1 at bendcable.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I am getting ready to install FreeBSD on my toshiba laptop that has
> windows XP PRo on it already.  I would like to have both OS on the
> laptop.  Can anyone point me to some documentation on this that will
> make this an easy task?

The first problem is create a slice [partition in the Windows world].
WinXP works on NTFS and you will requiere Partition Magic or
another similar program to do this without losing your Windows
installation.

Once you have this slice, you may wish to read:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html