ipfw error message

Alfonso Romero ibac at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Apr 27 10:55:38 PDT 2003

I recently reinstalled a FreeBSD 4.8 gateway, using natd and pppoed, along with ppp. At startup. after flushing all rules, I get the following message:

ip_fw_ctl: invalid command
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): invalid argument.

I had previously installed FreeBSD 4.7, recompiling the kernel for using the PPPoE option in the ppp.conf file, without pppoed, and it worked without error messages.  But now I installed FreeBSD 4.8 and didn´t recompile the kernel, just used pppoed along with ppp, but get the aforementioned error message. What could be the problem?

BTW All works fine, in fact, I haven´t changed the default rules for the "OPEN" firewall option.

Thanks in advance,

Alfonso Romero