---- Sendmail not working from command line.

Michael K. Smith mksmith at noanet.net
Fri Apr 25 14:48:34 PDT 2003

On 4/25/03 2:35 PM, "James Lee" <jlee at visi.com> wrote:

> I have a real domain name. I have an ISP. I changed the Server name to
> ra.myisp.com it's not really ra.myisp.com because I'm sending my info
> through email.  I also changed the address. The real address points to
> my ISP's primary DNS server. My domain is hosted at another ISP.

Locahost.com resolves to the 10. Address as listed below:

-bash-2.05b$ host localhost.com
localhost.com has address 10.11.12.13
localhost.com mail is handled (pri=10) by ghost.localhost.com

You need to have the following line in your config:

127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain

Where you change localhost.my.domain to whatever your machine resolves to,
or just leave it the way it is.  Don't, however, use localhost.com.  That is
a valid DNS name and belongs to someone else.

If your aren't running DNS locally, make sure you have the following in your
/etc/resolv.conf.

domain  <domain name>
nameserver  <ip of your ISP's DNS>

Mike

Michael K. Smith          NoaNet
206.219.7116 (work)       206.579.8360 (cell)
mksmith at noanet.net        http://www.noanet.net