small distribution

Are-Harald Brenne are-harald.brenne at econ.uib.no
Fri Apr 25 08:06:17 PDT 2003

> WOuld like to
> have Solid State box that can do packet filtering (probably IPFilter),
> DHCP, email notification, small web server,  and perhaps some kind of
> Bandwidth Throttling/QOS.  Any ideas on how to fit all this stuff into
> 512MB??

My guess is you can do this without any modifications to the systems.

If you select minimum install from sysinstall, it will occupy around 140 mb. I don't thing you need anything not included there. This should leave you plenty of space for the software you mention and some swap space.

Well, I'm just a newbie anyway, so don't count on it.

Cheers,
Are