error "Undefined symbol" while running fetchmail

DJ Boris dj_boris at mail.ru
Thu Apr 24 15:03:43 PDT 2003

hm reinstalling gettext-0.11.5_1 didn't help

here is what mine returns.....
# nm /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.4 | grep stpcpy
         U stpcpy

this version of gettext requires libiconv-1.8_2 and I have libiconv-1.8_1
because fetchmail-6.1.0 requires it. so then I install libiconv-1.8_2 to
stop gettext from complaining but then fetchmail gives me a warning that it
needs libiconv-1.8_1 and not libiconv-1.8_2

it seems like this is a vicious circle....

any other idea what could be the problem?

DJ Boris