another minor problem with diskless systems.

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Thu Apr 24 00:33:01 PDT 2003

Hi list!

I was trying to create a diskless system with
FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASEp7.  The FreeBSD daemons helped
me and I could make it.

Now, etherboot loads the kernel and it boots...
but it does not display the booting process messages.
    ===================

Once that one minute or so has passed, my system
displays the login prompt and everything seems to be ok,
and it is ok.

I configured X to query xdm in the server and display a login dialog,
but the system did not have enough swap.  Configured
the swap file, but I made a mistake.   Tried to boot again
but, in this time, my computer rebooted over and over,
without displaying anything.

Of course, the problem was in the dhcp configuration file.
I fixed it and my system worked properly.  The problem here
is that I could not see the booting process. Why?

If I could have seen it, I had solved the problem without
guessing what it was.

Hope you can help me.  Thanks in advance.

			Eduardo.