readonly.exe ?

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 12:57:12 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Kent Stewart
Sent: 23 April 2003 19:29
To: Ceri Davies; questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: readonly.exe ?

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 11:19 am, Ceri Davies wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what readonly.exe is ?
>
> shrike.private.submonkey.net kernel log messages:
> > pid 74935 (readonly.exe), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
> > pid 76059 (readonly.exe), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
>
> As far as I can see it doesn't exist on that system, but I'm slightly
> concerned... (no, there's no core dump either).

If you run locate, I would try "locate '*.core'" and see who the core
belongs to. I would tend to suspect that someone opened an email with
an attachment that would do nasty things to a Windows system.

Kent

-----End of Original Message-----

A google search for "readonly.exe" produced this:

http://www.essenz.com/support/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/Oct/29/207663.h
tml

Looks like the answer you needed.

- Jonathan