Firewall options

felix at rapidaxcess.com felix at rapidaxcess.com
Wed Apr 23 11:33:14 PDT 2003

To whom it may concern:
I am in the process of setting up my first firewalled machine, on the bench
thank God.
I have poured over the manual pages multiple times and am stuck here...

I seem to have everything under control with rules set up to allow me in on
boot. Now I need to change the default rule (65535) to deny instead of accept.
I have removed the kernel config line: options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
recompiled and rebooted 2 times, still the default is accept.
I hate to hack by adding a rule 65000 to deny just for a work around, if
that would even work...
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance! And keep up the great work, all of my servers run FreeBSD!

Bryan Felix
felix at rapidaxcess.com