huge XFree log files

parv parv_fm at emailgroups.net
Wed Apr 23 10:44:07 PDT 2003

in message <20030423163456.1f31546f.ais at epiq.com>,
wrote Anton Stamenov thusly...

> (II) Loading sub module "DOSENCODING"
> (II) LoadModule: "DOSENCODING"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/codeconv/libDOSENCODING.a
> (II) Module DOSENCODING: vendor="X-TrueType Server Project"
>         compiled for 4.3.0, module version = 1.3.1
>         Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
>         ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.4
> (II) UnloadModule: "DOSENCODING"
> (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/codeconv/libDOSENCODING.a
>
> need help, please
>
> XFree makes huge log files, filling them with above information.

Huge?  How huge?  I get only ~27 kB files (which i consider small in
comparison to fetchmail & procmail logs).

You could control the creation & size of the log files via
newsyslog(8) thru /etc/newsyslog.conf.  See the man page.

Or, you may be able to specify some option to xinit(1) and related
processes to not to create logs in the first place (i personally do
not know).

  - parv