Postfix problems

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 10:05:13 PDT 2003

sublist at comcast.net (Mike) writes:

> when i send mail to freebsd.org mail lists using postfix ralayed
> through my isp, freebsd.org doesnt respond.My posts dont show up on
> the lists and account requests are not processed.
>
> If I use mozilla mail through the same isp: smtp.comcast.net things
> work as they should.I would like to set up postfix so I can use it as
> my MTA.

Probably the only way to tell what is happening is to send mail to "a
friend" through your ISP with mozilla and Postfix and look at the
resulting message headers to see if you can see a difference.

Without having access to your ISPs logs (or speaking to them) it's
going to be pretty hard to diagnose the problem, if there is one.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Postfix RPM Packager, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
email: sjmudd at pobox.com, Tel: +31-627-592 627, http://postfix.WL0.org