User comments: ipfw or ipfilter.

andre thomasson andre at krang.net
Wed Apr 23 03:39:33 PDT 2003

Hi all!

Im new at this, and this is my first contribution to this great mailinglist. :-)

My problem is that i really cant decide wich type of firewall i shall use, by reading this mailinglist, and the FreeBSD handbook i realize that Ipfw is some kind of defactostandard in the FreeBSD world.

But in otherhand, friend´s to me is pointing that IPFILTER is a better choice.
( yes i know that it depends on my ruleset how secure the firewalls  will be )
Im so confused, plese let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you very much for your attention

/ Andre Thomasson aka Mempheria