various little problems after qmail installation

Liquid liquid at homebass.ca
Tue Apr 22 16:50:48 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I just got qmail installed on my server (with qmail-pop3d for pop3).

After a few hiccups (first time setting up mail and all) I finally got
it
Working.  Then I realized I needed to switch to the ./Maildir type of
mailbox.
Since then, I've run ./maildirmake ~/user for a few users, and now they
Don't have access to their files anymore.  I know how to fix this, but
this,
Together with the trouble I had getting pine and even outlook to see the
Mailboxes gets me wondering that I surely could have done things better.

With that in mind, I'm asking if anyone knows a good step-by-step on the
net
For qmail.  Google got me some garbage, and it got me the one at
freebsddiary.
It's a little outdated however.  There's no doubt I'm going to have to
install
This again sometime, so I'm hoping I can find something that won't turn
it
Into a full day ordeal.

TIA,

Sandro