dmesg only contains kernel interupt table

clay spencer freebsdude at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 14:39:51 PDT 2003

Hello,I have a new install of 5.0 on i386. My /var/run/dmesg.today file as well /var/log/messages never contains anything but a kernel interupt table which also scrolls across the console at boot time. These entries look like: 684 dmmax R  *Handler Int
  685 swap_idle_threshold1 RW *Handler Int
  686 swap_idle_threshold2 RW *Handler Int
  687 v_free_severe RW *Handler
  688 stats RW Node
    689 sys RW Node
      692 v_swtch R  *Handler
      693 v_trap R  *Handler
      694 v_syscall R  *Handler
      695 v_intr R  *Handler
      696 v_soft R  *Handler
    690 vm RW Node
      697 v_vm_faults R  *Handler
      698 v_cow_faults R  *Handler
      699 v_cow_optim R  *Handler
      700 v_zfod R  *Handler
      701 v_ozfod R  *Handler
      702 v_swapin R  *Handler
      703 v_swapout R  *Handler
      704 v_swappgsin R  *Handler
      705 v_swappgsout R  *Handler However nothing else gets logged via syslog. Here is my syslog.conf file: security.*                                      /var/log/security
auth.info;authpriv.info                         /var/log/auth.log
mail.info                                       /var/log/maillog
lpr.info                                        /var/log/lpd-errs
ftp.info                                        /var/log/xferlog
cron.*                                          /var/log/cron
*.emerg                                         *
# uncomment this to log all writes to /dev/console to /var/log/console.log
#console.info                                   /var/log/console.log
# uncomment this to enable logging of all log messages to /var/log/all.log
touch /var/log/all.log and chmod it to mode 600 before it will work
#*.*                                            /var/log/all.log
# uncomment this to enable logging to a remote loghost named loghost
#*.*                                            @loghost That all looks ok to me. Could somebody help me out with this? Thanks.The output of uname is: 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Apr 22 15:02:34 EDT 2003     /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC  i386  Thanks in advance