BTX changes

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Tue Apr 22 02:16:57 PDT 2003

I can't find the solution anymore :-((

I've the bsd bootloader installed on both my disks
F1 ???
F5 disk 1
=-=-
F1 FreeBSD
F5 disk 0
=-=-=

What I want is that by pressing F5 (the first one) FreeBSD gets loaded
and NOT the bootmanager! I lost the syntax though. I tried various
options w/ boot0cfg and fdisk but non worked. The BTX loader stays on
disk-1.

How can I remove the bootloader on disk 1. My fbsd-4.8 sysinstall does
not seem to have the option of reinstalling the bootloader anymore. But
I'll do it on the console if someone tells me the syntax.

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)