how to update cvs package in FreeBSD 4.5

Massimiliano Stucchi max at willystudios.com
Tue Apr 22 02:10:39 PDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:10:05 +0800
founder.fang at philips.com wrote:

> hi, i have a question about package update. i know there is a security
> problem in cvs in FreeBSD 4.5, so i want to update this package to fix
> the problem, but when i search the package in FreeBSD web site, i
> found many package associated with cvs, i don't know which package i
> should download and update, so who can give me some information?
> thanks.

Cvs is part of the base system, hence no package is available. You have
to update via cvsup your source and then compile. What I suggest you is
to make a complete world and take your system up to RELENG_4, which is
4.8-STABLE now. Take care of the update process, as from 4.5 it involves
a great number of changes also in /etc/passwd. /usr/src/UPDATING is your
friend.

Ciao ciao

--

Stucchi Massimiliano	 | Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia
WillyStudios.com	 | http://www.gufi.org
stucchi at willystudios.com | max at gufi.org
"People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything"