postfix port download fails

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Mon Apr 21 17:30:29 PDT 2003

Hi,

> this is the message i get

[...]

Ok, I see you are using /stand/sysinstall to install the (precompiledd) postfix
*package* (I may be wrong, since I am using the (source code based) ports
collection only).

For the difference between ports and packages, see
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html.

> what means to re-cvsup my port collection ?

CVSup is a piece of software that is designed to synchronize files over a
network connection efficiently. Since you were speaking of ports, I assumed that
you had an outdated version of the ports collection on your hard disk. For
details please refer to

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-INSTALL

In order to install postfix now, try
  pkg_add -v -r postfix

This should fetch the package and install it. If that doesn't work, you can try
and use the ftp passive mode:

  set FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=1
  pkg_add -v -r postfix

If you are behind a (broken) ftp proxy, you can try a direct connection to the
ftp server:

  unset FTP_PROXY
  set FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=1
  pkg_add -v -r postfix

For details please refer to the appropriate handbook section and to the
pkg_add(1) man page.

Cheers,
 Simon