evolution question

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Apr 20 12:06:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 14:43, Gary D Kline wrote:
> 	On another FBSD server I installed evolution but cannot
> 	send mail.  A popup reports that sendmail exited with
> 	status 71: mail not sent.  Some test messages are saved
> 	in my evolution OUTBOX.

Have you tried sending mail from another [simpler] app (e.g. pine)?

> 	I used /var/mail/kline as mhy spool; sendmail for outgoing.
> 	The thing that gets me is tht on another internal server
> 	running RH, evolution seems to work fine.
>
> 	evolution prints errors to stderr on my xterm; if I am missing
> 	some gnome libraries, that may explain it.

Indeed it might.

> 	Can anybody clue me in here?  Do I need to be running Gnome or
> 	KDE for this to work?  (I'm using ctwm.)

No.  Evo will work without any WM.  You just need to make sure all the
dependencies are there.

> 	gary
>
> 	PS: NB: I'm missing (at least) libgmodule-2.0.so.0 on this
> 	    server.  Lots of cleanup to do here, so am trying it/evolution
> 	    on my DNS and mail server.

Okay, sounds like you need to do a portupgrade -fR evolution.  This will
sync all your Evo libraries, and might solve your problem.  It will
definitely solve the missing library issues.  Note, libgmodule-2.0.so.0
is old.  The correct, current version is libgmodule-2.0.so.200.

Joe