Same old sendmail "loops back to me", not solved with FAQ, etc.

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 05:49:00 PDT 2003

Yes, I've read the FAQ. Yes, I've searched numerous newsgroups on
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com . Yes, I've put it in the class w in all of
the half-dozen FreeBSD sendmail configuration files (which aren't even
mentioned in the Handbook, something I think is a bit odd). Yes, I've
put it in the /etc/mail/local-host-names file. What could possibly be
the problem?

Some version information:

220 prophecy.dyndns.org ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.6p2/8.12.6; Sun, 20 Apr 2003
08:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

FreeBSD prophecy.dyndns.org 5.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7 #0:
Thu Apr  3 22:18:32 EST 2003
root at prophecy.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PROPHECY  i386