Problems with compiling Apache2 on FreeBSD 4.8

Philip M. Gollucci philip at p6m7g8.net
Fri Apr 18 23:46:49 PDT 2003

Hi, I've used the following on 4.7.x and 5.0-CURRENT several times.

./buildconf
./configure --prefix=$DIR_INSTALL/apache2-$HTTPD2_MPM --with-perl=$PERL
                --with-mpm=$HTTPD2_MPM --enable-mods-shared=all \
                --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-debug \
                --with-port=$HTTPD2_PORT

$MAKE
$MAKE install

$CVS -d $CVSROOT co -R -r$HTTPD2_CVS_TAG   -d httpd2-$HTTPD2_CVS_TAG-dev
httpd-2.0
$CVS -d $CVSROOT co -R -r$APR_CVS_TAG      -d apr-$APR_CVS_TAG apr
$CVS -d $CVSROOT co -R -r$APR_UTIL_CVS_TAG -d apr-util-$APR_UTIL_CVS_TAG
apr-util

All the $VARs are because I have it in a shell script.
Heres some of the values I used:
CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
CVS=/usr/bin/cvs
MAKE=/usr/bin/make
DIR_INSTALL=/usr/local/apache
PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl5.9.0
HTTPD2_MPM=prefork
HTTPD2_CVS_TAG=HEAD
HTTPD2_PORT=80
APR_CVS_TAG=HEAD
APR_UTIL_CVS_TAG=HEAD

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci philip at p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
Webmaster & Webship Teacher

eJournalPress
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume