*nix trial

Jeremy Faulkner gldisater at gldis.ca
Fri Apr 18 16:04:41 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:44:18PM -0400, J. Seth Henry wrote:
[snip]
> As for obtaining it, I'd go with the 4CD set from the FreeBSD Mall. Go
> with the 4.8-RELEASE version - it's the current "production" release. 5.0
> is actually closer to a final beta than a production OS. Running it would
> be like learning to drive in an experimental car. Also, the 4CD set
> includes every port available for that release. No Internet access
> required at all - which can be helpful, especially if you are having
> problems getting your network running in the installer.

There are quite a few packages that can not be distributed on the CD/DVD sets
due two license restrictions. There will also be some ports that do not
successfully compile at the time of release.

The 4CD set is not large enough to hold all for the remaining packages. Only
the DVD distribution has all of the packages that successfully build at the
time of release and are allowed to be distributed.

--
Jeremy Faulkner			http://www.gldis.ca