is this portupgrade command close?

E. J. Cerejo ej.cerejo at laposte.net
Fri Apr 18 11:23:49 PDT 2003

> 	   # portupgrade -bP openoffice-1.0.3

If you want to keep a backup of the older files and build a package
after install then it is the command but it won't upgrade the
dependencies. If dependencies need to be upgraded also you might end up
with different versions of dependencies.
Since I'm not interested in keeping a backup or build a package I always
use this:

# portupgrade -R port_name

The -R makes sure it builds my out of date dependencies also

> 	willl do what I want.
>
> 	In /root/.cshrc is:
>
> 	   set PKG_PATH=/usr/ports/packages/All
> 	   set PKG_TMPDIR=/usr/tmp

Variables in portsupgrade are set in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf there
should a sample in there also.