user toor ???

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu Apr 17 13:10:12 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 03:45:08PM -0400, Brent Bailey wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what function does the user "toor" that is put in by
> default by FBSD install  do ?
> im told its a security risk ...but unsure what it does ??
> thanx

It is essentially just an example of how you can have more than one user
with uid 0, but with different shells.
Note that by default it does not have a valid password and therefore on
cannot login as 'toor'-

It is not a security risk and it doesn't do much of anything.
You can delete it if you wish or you can leave it in place if you wish.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se