pkg_add ignoring PKG_PATH!

Tom Hines tom_hines at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 21:32:14 PDT 2003

Are-Harald Brenne wrote:
> shouldn't you be using 'setenv' instead, unless you
> switched shell? Check with
> # echo $PKG_PATH

Aha!  You're right.  I was using set, which just sets
the shell variable and not the environment.  That
explains why pkg_add wouldn't work from the command
line.  And the reason it wouldn't work from
portupgrade was because I was using an old config file
that had those environment settings commented out.  I
noticed in the new pkgtools.conf.sample file that
those lines have been uncommented.

Ken, that trace you suggested let me see that PKG_PATH
wasn't set.  That, along with Are's suggestion helped
me figure it out.  Thanks to Ken and Are!

Tom