ports + space

Martin Karlsson mk-freebsd at bredband.net
Wed Apr 16 14:12:01 PDT 2003

Hej Robin,

* Robin Larsson <robin.larsson at gbg.bonet.se> [2003-04-16 16.06 +0200]:
> How much space does all the distfiles to FreeBSD takes?

I assume you're talking about the ports distfiles, and not the ports
collection itself. All distfiles occupy _lots_ of space. I can't
give you an exact answer, but here are some figures from my system:

The /usr/ports tree, (not counting distfiles or prebuilt packages)
occupies roughly 1G.

The 274 distfiles I keep around at the moment add up to something
like 500M. (Mind you, there are more than 8000 ports, many of which
pull in more than one distfile.)

MvH,
--
Martin Karlsson