More info requested regarding passing args to ports WAS: Re: portupgrade question

John sephtin at techgodz.com
Wed Apr 16 12:06:24 PDT 2003

>>On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:34:10PM +0200, CARTER Anthony wrote:
>> If I do a make WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE install
>>
>> in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice, can i
>>
>> portupgrade -r WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE openoffice
>> or not?
>
>Yes, but the syntax is:
>
>    portupgrade -r -m WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE editors/openoffice
>
>Even better is to edit /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and add the make
>flags to the MAKE_ARGS array:
>
>  MAKE_ARGS = {
>        'editors/openoffice'    => 'WITH_BSD_JDK=TRUE',
>  }
>
>That way, the flags are supplied without your having to always
>remember to include them on the command line.
>Cheers,
>Matthew

I am interested in doing this very thing, but rather with Postfix, to use
cyrus-sasl.
Example: During the postfix install, it brings up a text menu, and asks what
options to compile into postfix.  Is there a way to bypass the menu, but be
certain that everytime postfix is portupgraded, or make deinstall/install
(or make reinstall'ed) that SASL and TLS will be selected and compiled in?

I'm really looking for a solution that won't be "broken" by cvsupping to a
new version...
I'm just looking for either documentation on this, or a nudge in the right
direction.  ;)
Thanks!
John