USB Keyboard and FreeBSD BootMGR

Paul Forrester paforres at cisco.com
Wed Apr 16 08:38:39 PDT 2003

I have the same problem as Mark.  I've tried enabling USB at the BIOS
level and that allows me to use the keyboard to navigate the BIOS
screens, but as soon as the BootMGR loads, the USB gets switched off.
I manage several servers in a cross platform environment and USB is the
only 'common' denominator for keyboards.  Right now I keep a separate
keyboard around just for that period when the BootMGR is running for
those rare instances when I need to stop the boot, change the kernel,
boot into single user, etc...  It seems like others must have bumped up
against this problem and solved it in a more elegant fashion than I.
How about it?  Is there a software only workaround?

Thanks and regards,
Paul Forrester

Begin forwarded message: