"broadcast ping" message

Kan Cai kcai at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Apr 15 18:09:15 PDT 2003

Hi, All:

  This question probably seems dumb, but I am really stuck with it right
now. I have two orinoco wireless cards, each locates on a FreeBSD 4.7 box.
The addresses are 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.12 separately with netmask
0xffffff00, thus the broadcast address is 10.10.10.255. At this point, one
of them is set to "ibss-master", while the other is "ibss".

   Its used to work when I try broadcast ping by "ping 10.10.10.255", but
today it is weird that it totally doesn't work at all. Is there anybody
over there can help me with this? By the way, the firmware version is
8.72.01.

   Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
ken