How to turn on telnet on server.

taxman taxman at acd.net
Tue Apr 15 15:21:05 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 03:38 pm, Dino Tose wrote:
> I would like to thank everyone that responded to this
> email.
> I understood most of it. I am still new to Unix OS and
> commands I understand VI very little. I know how to
> get into it but modifying a coment and things like

man vi will show you all the commands.  You can also google for a quick vi
reference.  just make sure to keep track of and understand the difference
between command and input mode.  esc gets you to command, i gets you to
insert.  you can only be in one or the other.

> that I am not able to do it yet. I need to study a bit
> more. As far as the ssh I have no idea what this is.

read man ssh and see www.openssh.com
definitely use ssh it works just like telnet but is more secure.
man security may help you too.

Tim